Nestled on the banks of the Murrumbidgee River in the heartland of regional New South Wales is Wagga Wagga. Home to four distinctive seasons, Wagga Wagga boasts a cycle of scenery that would make any artist blush. It’s rolling hills, rippling river, and everchanging flora are the perfect backdrop for a regional escape.
Often considered the hub of the Riverina Region, there is plenty to see and do in Wagga Wagga. From its vibrant food and wine culture through to getting in and amongst nature, there is something for everyone. And, only a few hours drive from both Canberra and Sydney, it is easy to see the regions appeal.
Whether you are visiting for the weekend, or staying a little longer, accommodation will no doubt be important. Why? Because accommodation choices can make – or break a getaway. And, with less in guidebook so to speak, finding the right accommodation in regional areas can be difficult.
The good news is that we have hunted high and low to curate a list of the finest accommodation options in Wagga. Curious? Read on below to find out more.
What makes great accommodation?
Great accommodation choices help guests make the most of their stay. As homes away from home, they beckon you to stay – and return quickly. Here are our tips to help make your search journey that little bit easier:
- Warm & welcoming. There is nothing quite like a warm and welcome team to make your stay truly memorable. From the first hello through to daily small talk and the final farewell, the best options place guests at ease. Importantly, they know how to make guests feel at home, exceeding expectations and making them feel special. To evaluate, consider digital reviews or recommendations from tourism sources. For added peace of mind, a quick call to establishment will demonstrate their degree of guest centricity within mere minutes.
- Easy experience. The best accommodation providers make your stay an easy one. They are all about providing a seamless experience from booking through to check out. The best are also masters of surprise and delight; be it small tokens or gestures, they enhance your stay even further. Finally, their stress-free experience often extends beyond the front desk. Recommended restaurants, tour operators, businesses, and services are all top notch too.
- Clean & comfortable. Cleanliness and a good night sleep are often key priorities for travellers today. Great establishments understand that these finer details count. They are meticulous with housekeeping and focus on hygienic practises both inside and out. Moreover, guests can rest assured knowing that a comfortable bed – and nights sleep are in store. Consider whether the establishment suits your travel style, has recently renovated or refurbished, and reflect on their designer touch.
- All the essentials. The best accommodation providers provide all the essentials that guests could want or need. Creature comforts and business facilities, through to recreation and the great outdoors, each have something on offer. Therefore, to ensure your mandatories are catered for, consider what is most important for your stay and search accordingly.
- Delectable dining. After a long day of sight-seeing, sometimes all that is desired is a nice meal in the comfort of your establishment. The best accommodation providers offer a selection of dining options to conveniently service each meal occasion. From self-catering alternatives, buffet breakfasts, and a la carte dinners, they feature quality local produce and something for everyone.
The best accommodation in Wagga Wagga
Region Riverina has combed through online reviews and recommendations to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Wagga series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on Region Riverina and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
The Best Western Ambassador Motor Inn offers quiet, spacious, four-star accommodation to suit all travelling needs. Conveniently located in central Wagga, this award-winning motor inn is close to restaurants, cafes, bars and shopping, some only a two-minute walk away.
Rooms include a Queen, Deluxe Twin, Signature Spa Suite, Accessible Twin Room, Family Suite and a Two-Bedroom Villa. All accommodation is clean and comfortable. Flat-screen tvs with DVD players and Foxtel Sports are offered, as is complimentary wireless Internet. In-room dining is available.
Also, a short stroll away are Wagga’s two hospitals. Hop in the car and in minutes arrive at other facilities such as Army and Airforce bases and the Wagga Airport. Parking at the Best Western Ambassador Motor Inn included in the room price.
Johanna Smith wrote on Google, “Not only is this hotel clean and quiet, but the managers are extremely helpful and kind. My mother and I were booked in to stay at this accommodation for a week when unexpectedly we needed to extend our stay. With no-vacancy signs all over Wagga, we had no idea what to do. Once my mother explained our situation the managers found us a room for another 12 days.”
With its unmistakable homestead charm, Lincoln Cottage Motor Inn offers comfort and a country style atmosphere. Offering a plentiful selection of rooms in numerous configurations it features twin, king, and family style accommodation.
Conveniently located to nearby restaurants and cafes, it also boasts beautiful surrounding gardens, an onsite saltwater pool, barbeque facilities and an under-cover children’s play area. For a family friendly stay with all the creature comforts look to Lincoln Cottage Motor Inn.
Kylie Dixon had this to say on Google, “Clean, comfortable room. Couldn't hear other guests. The most comfortable beds. Amazing friendly staff”.
Perfectly poised for both leisure and corporate travellers, The Wagga RSL Motel & Apartments boasts one of the most extensive accommodation offerings in the Riverina Region. This four-and-a-half-star industry recognised premium provider has built a reputation for service excellence amongst locals and visitors alike.
Steve Read shared his experience on Google, “Terrific motel, spacious and well-appointed rooms. Everything works as it should. The club adjoining has great meals and breakfasts, both at a good price. Book direct and you'll get a complimentary breakfast and often a room upgrade!
We will be returning!”
Established in 1995, this family owned and operated local gem artfully combines a great night’s sleep with fine dining. Offering a variety of rooms and suites through to self-contained muti-bedroom apartments they cater to the needs of many travelling groups.
The team at The Charles take the utmost care in providing a welcoming and enjoyable stay for guests. Their fine dining restaurant has a wonderful reputation and a flair for modern cuisine. Perfectly positioned to take advantage of the many attractions in Wagga, The Charles is a great choice.
Steve Allouche shared his experience on Google, “Stayed here for a stopover. Place is immaculate - recently renovated. Super comfy bed made it worth every cent. Really easy check-in process.”
Located in the recreational heart of Wagga, The Baylis Boutique Apartments offer the perfect combination of shopping, dining, and vibrant city charm. Featuring a curated selection of two-bedroom apartments, The Baylis caters well to groups of 4 to 8 guests.
Meticulously designed and well considered, these apartments are full to the brim with amenities aplenty and a blend of both in and outdoor space. For a relaxing stay in the heart of Wagga look to The Baylis Boutique Apartments.
Past guest Richelle had this to say, “I’ve stayed at most places in Wagga & this was by far the best experience I have had. it was like coming home. I won’t stay anywhere else from now on. Everything was perfect, clean & exceptionally comfortable.”
Your experience with accommodation in Wagga
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the accommodation listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of accommodation is there in the Wagga?
A huge range of accommodation is available, from comfortable through to pure luxury. Many hotels and resorts have great facilities and are close to many amenities.
Is there family and pet-friendly accommodation in Wagga?
Some accommodation does cater exceptionally well to families and some to pets. Explore options online.
What is the price range for accommodation in the Wagga?
Price varies depending on many factors. This includes the quality of the accommodation, its location, facilities and amenities. Research price points before booking.
What should I look for in accommodation in Wagga?
This depends on what you’re looking for during your stay. You might want to be secluded or stay only a short walk to the city centre. You may want dining facilities on site and facilities like a pool. Make your list and check it twice online.
Is it easy to book accommodation in Wagga?
Most accommodation will let you book online. Others you need to call. Remember that Wagga can get busy throughout the year with the many regional events on offer. Don’t leave booking too late.